Easington Colliery 2 - 1 Town

Easington Colliery v Northallerton Town - Ebac Northern League Division 2 - January 27th 2018


Easington Colliery 
Kyle Donaldson, Brennan Ball, Thomas Goudry, Chris Pearson, Shane O'Brien, Lewis Greene, Michael Cooke, Ethan Wood, Jack Pounder, James Talbot, Aidan Goodey

Subs: Brian Smith, Ryan Barrow, David Vincent, Liam Adamson, Chris Freeman

Northallerton Town
Tom Dawson, Stephen Jackson, Karl Hewitt, Dale Elgie, Matthew Crossen, Jack Proctor, Nicky Martin, Andrew Shepherd, Chris Dickinson, Aaron Ramsbottom, Charlie Graham

Subs: Shaun Hudson, Richie Walker, Josh Keogh, Liam Jarvie, Colin Anderson

Referee: Mr Tony Pattison (Hartlepool)

It was a cold one up on the North East Coast. Easington in a green and white strip and Town in their red kit sponsored by Kinetic Engineers. Town won the toss and chose to play into the wind for the first half.

Mattie Crossen was at centre back and Charlie Graham on the left wing. Early balls in the strong wind were in the air and fairly hectic. Nicky Martin tried to thread a ball to Aaron Ramsbottom which was just intercepted by a defender. Stephen Jackson had to receive attention. He was soon back on his feet and pinged a long ball to Nicky Martin on the wing. Brilliant interplay between Charlie Graham, Chris Dickinson and Aaron Ramsbottom created a chance for Nicky Martin who hammered the ball against the keeper.

Town were organised playing against the wind. Charlie Graham found Nicky Martin who tried to lob the keeper. Easington weren't allowing for the wind and were over shooting their forwards. Stephen Jackson showed his experience and hoisted a ball forward which the swirling wind forced into touch. Andrew Shepherd was found by Stephen Jackson and then moments later Andrew Shepherd found Aaron Ramsbottom who was crudely brought down by a defender. Moments later Aaron Ramsbottom chased a through ball and his persistence nearly created a goal but a defender got back to hook the ball off the line. Jack Proctor did well to force a throw in, when a pass overshot from Mattie Crossen. Karl Hewitt did well to win a ball in midfield.

Stephen Jackson was knocked over in the Town penalty area and then nice play from Charlie Graham and Andrew Shepherd opened up Chris Dickinson who unselfishly laid the ball off for Aaron Ramsbottom whose shot was charged by a defender. A ball into the Town box was headed behind by Stephen Jackson. Dale Elgie was anchoring play in midfield and his ball up the wing saw the central defender again upend Nicky Martin. Stephen Jackson fouled a forward of Easington on the wing near the half way line and the wind assisted free kick sailed over the bar.

Town had a game plan to play against the wind which had been largely successful and forced Easington to shoot from distance. Tom Dawson would have wind behind him in the second half to try a shot.

Half Time: Easington 0 Northallerton 0

No changes to personnel were made at half time. Town changed ends and had the wind at their backs. Charlie Graham showed his skill as he doubled up with Karl Hewitt to dispossess an attacker and start an attack which saw a Aaron Ramsbottom shot go narrowly wide. A shot from distance from Andrew Shepherd sailed over the bar and then Charlie Graham over hit a forward ball. The travelling Town fans had also changed ends and were in top voice as always. The keeper pulled off a save from Chris Dickinson for a corner and then Jack Proctor was inches away from a header as Town peppered the goal with shots.

Mattie Crossen made a stumble but Easington couldn't take the chance. Stephen Jackson surged forward before firing a ball to Chris Dickinson which found him flat footed. Liam Jarvie replaced Dale Elgie and then Chris Dickinson fired in a free kick which was just inches too high. Liam Jarvie was soon involved when he combined with Nicky Martin but when the ball came back to Liam he curled his shot just wide. Shaun Hudson replaced Charlie Graham

On the 69th minute Easington opened the scoring with a shot from distance wide on the left from Aiden Goodey. Persistence from Chris Dickinson nearly created a chance for Town but his cut back was behind Aaron Ramsbottom. In the 77th minute Jack Proctor upended an attacker in the box and the referee awarded a penalty which Michael Cooke scored past an unlucky Tom Dawson.

Karl Hewitt hoisted in a shot which the keeper saved with his finger tips before Liam Jarvie fired in a shot which went just wide. Town were throwing the kitchen sink at Easington at this stage and shots were ranging in from all angles. Colin Anderson replaced Nicky Martin. Aaron Ramsbottom fired in a free kick which the keeper parried and saved at the second attempt. In the 88th minute a ball into the box from Stephen Jackson was hammered into the goal by Colin Anderson but it was too little too late for Town.

Town had been beaten on the day by a workmanlike display from an Easington Team and the conditions plus an inspired display by their keeper.

Final Score; Easington Colliery 2 Northallerton Town 1

This site was built using